Duct Sealing & Inspection in Greater Manhattan
Benefits of duct sealing:
- Improved home comfort
- Reduce risk of backdrafting of gas or oil-burning appliances
- Save money on heating & cooling costs
- Improved indoor air quality
At Restore of the Heartland, we can seal your air ducts to help make your home more comfortable and energy efficient, and improve the performance of your heating and air conditioning systems.
Signs of leaky, inefficient ducts:
- High utility bills
- Rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
- Rooms that feel stuffy
- Flexible ducts that are tangled or kinked
Ducts that are located in walls, ceilings, attics, and basements can be difficult to repair. Count on us to make improvements to your duct system for guaranteed energy savings and comfort.
Contact us today to request a free ductwork inspection and quote!
Problems caused by duct leaks
If you have central air conditioning, forced-air heating, or both, your house has a ductwork system that distributes conditioned air throughout your home. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, leaky ducts can reduce the efficiency of your heating and cooling system by as much as 20 percent.
Problems with your ductwork can cause a wide range of problems in your home:
- Comfort: Leaking supply ducts let out air you've paid to heat or cool before it even gets into your home. Leaky return ducts allow unconditioned air from your attic, basement, or crawl space to leak back into your system. In both cases, the air that reaches your living space isn't as conditioned it's supposed to be, so your comfort is compromised.
- Energy efficiency: If conditioned air leaks out before it gets to your living space, obviously you're not getting what you paid for. If unconditioned air leaks into your system, it takes more energy (and money) to condition it before it reaches your living space. Basically, you could be cooling or heating the great outdoors without even realizing it!
- Indoor air quality: If you have return duct leaks, you could be pumping "bad air" directly into your living space whenever your system runs. You wouldn't want to breathe crawl space or attic air all day, but if you have this uncontrolled leakage, you might be! Leaky ducts also cause indoor air quality problems because of "pressure imbalances" that put some rooms or areas under positive pressure and others under negative pressure. This can cause unhealthy air (laden with dirt, dust, pollen, allergens, and other contaminants) to be sucked into your home.
- Safety risk: Pressure imbalances caused by leaking ducts can cause back drafts in combustion appliances like furnaces, wood stoves and gas ranges. When this happens, you risk exposure to the deadly gas, carbon monoxide.
Get a free inspection and estimate today!
Let us help solve your comfort and energy problems! Contact us to schedule a Free Estimate and we will provide a complete assessment your home's ductwork and perform air duct sealing if necessary.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.